Hello again! It's Ant1pr0t0n here in my third blog post and final addition to my "Resources" series! Again, similar to the previous two (EarthBound Resources and Mother 3 Resources), this is a compilation of the best resources for the wiki articles about EarthBound Beginnings/Earth Bound Zero topics. Like always, if you feel I missed something major or a link is broken (or even grammar mistakes, if you so choose), just leave a message about it in the comments and I'll do my best to put it in.
So, without further ado, I proudly present to you: excellent resources for the EarthBound Wiki editor in you!
(And a warning before I start: most things listed that involve downloading stuff to your computer are large files, so make sure you're ready before downloading mounds of information to your hard drive.)
Before I start, just remember that pirating games is bad and that I really can't condone illegal actions here. Now, with that out of the way, let's go!
- This is the one I use. The only problem I have with it is that it saves weirdly on my computer.
- To be honest, I know very little about NES emulators; I just went with the first I saw. If you're still looking around, The Emulator Zone's NES section has some possibilities.
- Obviously, I cannot legally provide a link to a ROM of Mother, but I can link to Google. Just use common sense about what to search for to find what you are looking for (that phrase sounded a lot deeper in my head).
- The maps of Mother
- This main link here (the other maps appear to have touched up with added in sprites and info) is the "Full Map of MOTHER / EarthBound Zero". However, be warned: while unmodified, this picture is massive. It has all the maps in the game stored as they are in the game, and is 6.6 MB; not as bad as the EarthBound full map, but I learned my lesson with the other one saved on my computer. Use the smaller maps to the maximum extent, then try the master (monster) file.
- A walkthrough by Starmen.net
- As I will also mention in the 'Other Information' section, this walkthrough also has the links to maps at the top of the pages.
- The text of Mother, in a text file
- Mother is, by far (and pretty obviously), the game in the Mother series with the most user-friendly and accessible text. You probably can see this already, but the "ù"s are supposed to be the bullet points. Don't ask me why, because I really don't know myself.
- The sprites of Mother
- If you can't find what you're looking for in one of the images, chances are you can find it in one of the two downloadable files under "Miscellaneous:".
- This walkthrough by Starmen.net
- This is an excellent play-by-play walkthrough. As a bonus, as I mentioned earlier, there are maps here also. Like always, there's lots of information all over the place here.
- Just the general link to the Mother part of Starmen.net
- I know I gave you specialized links before, but there's a lot of info you can find here with just one or two clicks. Clay models, necessary amounts of EXP needed for level-ups (remember, Pippi's=Teddy's; that's why he isn't listed)...just not "Detailed Game Info" or "EarthBound 0 DB", though. The former doesn't really link anywhere special, while the latter isn't even a link. Believe me, I got excited when trying to visit both.
So, that concludes my blog post about resources for editing wiki pages regarding Mother and my "Resources" series (there isn't one for Mother 1 + 2; generally, you should use the info from Mother and EarthBound individually). Again, if you have a change you want made, let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do!