So is the Devils machine is Giygas's artificial body?-220.127.116.11 16:58, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- It's an organic machine used to contain what's left of Giygas. I'll upload a picture of it for the article later. Vixen Windstorm 18:12, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- So that makes it his artfical body then?-18.104.22.168 16:41, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
No, the first part of the final battle takes place against Pokey and Giygas, with Giygas using Ness' PSI Rockin from inside the Devil's Machine. It's not his artificial body, it's just a device to contain Giygas. After Pokey is defeated, he shuts off the machine and Giygas' power destroys the machine, and reveals his actual "body." There are a couple of different forms he takes as he becomes unstable from all the prayers , as well. I uploaded those forms to the main Giygas article. Vixen Windstorm 17:10, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well k but i have two qestions 1: Why is the device called "The Devils machine?" and 2: Im not sure what to say what happened to Giyga was sad or scary what do you think?-22.214.171.124 19:44, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
1: This hasn't really been explained by Shigesato Itoi, but the answer is pretty clear, I would think. The Devil's Machine is named so more than likely because it contains the entity that remains of Giygas, since his last appearance in Mother, which has become horrific and deranged; two characteristics which can apply to the general opinion of what a Devil is.
2: The fate of Giygas doesn't hold much to explain. After succumbing to the world's prayers, he simply fades into his own darkness; he just disappears. It's unfortunate that his people desensitized Giygas to invade the homeworld of his "parents" but over the course of Mother and EarthBound he becomes so powerful, and eventually falls into dementia because of it, that he had to be defeated. His erratic words during EarthBound's final battle are quite chilling though, and the process by which Itoi composed them is very interesting. Vixen Windstorm 20:39, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
- Quite chilling in deed when I see him i felt nothing but cold but not by his apernce but his presnce.but Giygas's pepole is partly to blame they forced him to invade earth but his destuction of his being was his own fault.-126.96.36.199 10:34, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
How can he be evil if he dosent know what he is doing anymore!? It dosent make sense and the real "All-mighty idiot" is Porky since giygas has no mind,Porky could have taken over the world by telling giygas what to do without argueing with Giygas.You can tell becuase before the battle starts Porky puts himself in every sentnce like "How? Because of me..." so Porky was just useing Giygas as a pair of fists.-188.8.131.52 16:48, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
- True perhaps Giygas od not wana be evil but he didnt have a choise and he had to do it because of his kind but i think he wanted to change he sounded like he was screaming "LET ME OUT!!!!!!" and he wanted to change for his stepmother but it was too late.-184.108.40.206 16:18, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
Found new info Edit
Due to a mistranslation, the face in the Devil's Machine, was never explained to US players. But the Japanese version of Earthbound, Mother 2, revealed that this "face" was the apple of enlightenment that is mentioned throughout the game as having given a prophecy telling Giygas to beware of Ness.
A Possible truth on "The Face" Edit
Here's the URL to were I found the Fact about the face where most US players beleive the face is Giygas. http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Scary+Womanizing+Pig+Mask/the-hidden-themes-of-the-end-of-earthbound-as-recommenced-by-chad-concelmo--79495.phtml It's in the 9-11th paragraph.
- Interesting theroy, but just a teory I'm ~CrystalLucario~ And whatever you *Quack* do do not hit tha-
- anyone notice something REALLY gross 'bout the machine?
Why is there controversy about this thing? Is it because people hate its design? Do they hate it because they don't like the "Giygas represents a Fetus" theory?220.127.116.11 20:32, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Perhaps it has to do with the whole "looks like a cervix" issue? As done to death as the theory is, I doubt that's the root of the issue. Plus, if you'd read, you'd notice that the theory itself is part of the controversy, not the fact that people don't like it. Lord Grammaticus 20:56, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
Clarifying Theories Edit
I've added counterarguments to the theories on this page that I hope will make discussion about this topic easier. If anyone has additional input that could help to clarify, it is welcomed and can be incorporated into the page. NathanStang (talk) 19:23, March 19, 2014 (UTC)