- "It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz. You've been successful at foiling Master Giygas' plans. But... Buzz Buzz, you must now surrender. You're no longer a hero, but just a useless insect. I'll stomp you hard!"
- — Starman Junior (EarthBound)
The Starman Junior (Japanese: スターマンのむすこ Starman's Son), also written Starman Jr., is an enemy that appears in the Mother series. Two such Starmen appear as bosses in EarthBound Beginnings and EarthBound; in both instances, it appears to be among the weakest models of Starmen.
- "Strong against heat
Strong against cold
Strong against thunder
It may be small but it's clearly an alien"
- — In-battle checkThe Starman Jr. is the second boss of the game and appears in the Podunk City Zoo, where it is revealed to be orchestrating the animal attacks from a giant capsule floating in the middle of the zoo superintendent's office. After the Starman Junior is defeated, it flies away in the capsule, returning the animals back to normal.
A Starman Junior is revealed to have followed Buzz Buzz, a mysterious survivor of an enslaved Earth ten years in the future, back to Ness's time. After Buzz Buzz follows Ness and his group (which includes Pokey and Picky) home, the Starman Junior intercepts the group, and a battle ensues. Despite Starman Junior's arsenal of PSI Fire and PSI Freeze attacks, Buzz Buzz's repeated usage of PSI Shield Σ neutralizes any attempts to harm Ness and co., and the Starman eventually falls.
- There is an unused sprite in EarthBound that strongly resembles the capsule the Starman Jr. escaped in after its defeat in Mother 1. This sprite could have been a placeholder for the diamond sprite that represents the majority of machines in the game or could have been used for the Starmen of the Cave of the Past as the ones in Stonehenge Base use the actual Starman sprite.
- Starman Junior's last line of dialogue ("I'll stomp you hard!") is used by one of the Frightbots during their invasion of Saturn Valley in Mother 3.