Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Nom de guerre||Master Barf²|
|Hit points||650¹, 1319²|
|Experience reward||12509¹, 125056²|
|Location||Grapefruit Falls¹, Deep Darkness²|
- "Buuurp! So you are Ness? ...I see... Gyork! Gyork! Gyork! There's a prophecy that a boy will destroy Master Giygas. Heeg! Heeg! Heeg! You make me laugh so hard... If Master Giygas is scared of someone... he would have to be worse than the greatest evil... Garg! Ga! Garg! Ga! Ga! Ga! I'll take you down big time, so get ready for the worst fight of your life! Gha Gha Gha! Get ready to feel the pain of true nausea! Ghe Ghe! Come on, let's go!"
- — Master Belch
Master Belch (Geppu-sama), later called Master Barf, is a boss in EarthBound that is fought twice. He is a large, animated pile of vomit who is one of Giygas's most esteemed minions. He is addicted to Fly Honey and is in command of many smaller piles of vomit. Belch enslaves the Mr. Saturn at one point to mass produce Fly Honey. He can be distracted by the Jar of Fly Honey when the party confronts him in his factory.
Master Belch reappears in the Deep Darkness as Master Barf, and attacks the party. This time, he is immune to Fly Honey if the party happens to be still carrying it. After he suffers enough damage, Poo returns from his training with the Star Master and kills Barf with his newly learned PSI Starstorm ability.
As his names imply, he belches repeatedly while speaking, and this sound even appears in his battle theme (called "Battle Against Belch"). Curiously, in Master Belch's clay model, he is blue despite the fact that none his forms depict him as such.
- He also appears in Magicant as one of Ness' memories. If talked to him, the background will change to a purple and dark tone.
- It is possible to defeat Master Belch without Fly Honey the first time you encounter, but it is very difficult, since the damage taken to Master Belch gets fully recovered every turn.
- Although his 2nd form is called "Master Barf" he says that he "changed his name to Puke".
- In Super Mario Maker, there is a Master Belch costume that can be unlocked by completing an event course titled, "Master Belch's Base". By pressing up on the d-pad, you can make Master Belch burp.