Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Fourside. EarthBound, see
Fourside is a stage appearing in Super Smash Bros. Melee. It originally appeared in EarthBound, the second title of the Mother series. The stage consists of three buildings. The building on the far left is slanted, so items tend to roll off. The Monotoli Bulding , in the middle, is split into three parts: the top, two small ledges on either side in the middle, and a semi-long edge on the right. The building on the far right is the shortest one with a flat surface. On the far left building, there is a crane with a platform attached to it. It will move to the left a little and over the center of the building. Once in a while a UFO will appear over the left or right building. Characters can fight on top of the UFO, though it has a slippery terrain, giving the Ice Climbers a distinct advantage on it due to their constant traction. The pits between the far left building, the middle building, between the far right building, and middle building are narrow, providing wall jumpers a decent advantage.
To unlock Fourside, the player must play 100 melee battles in VS. mode.
Classic and All-Star ModeEdit
In Melee's Classic Mode, Ness is fought on this stage. Likewise, the game's All-Star Mode pits the player against Pichu and its teammates here, most likely a reference Pokemon: The Movie 2000 scene in which Pikachu and the two Pichus are playing in the city.
The music in the stage features a sped up version of "Held in a Skyscraper", Fourside's theme in EarthBound that also has parts of Moonside's theme and the Eight Melodies.
- The helicopter that Pokey steals flies to and from the Monotoli helipad, which is in a different location than it is in EarthBound.
- The UFO that appears in the opening cinematic appears randomly and makes the exact same noise it made during the opening scene. It is used as a platform but is so slippery that even the Ice Climbers do not get good traction on it.
- The Monotoli Building is shaped differently, and the city is shown to be larger than it appeared in EarthBound.
- Ironically, this stage has a huge disadvantage for Ness since he needs space for his PK Thunder to go around and strike him to make a recovery.