- "Gets cranky once it's grown tire of acting upbeat, even cursing at the rattling of its own dry bones."
- — Battle Memory
Cheery Skeletons are enemies in Mother 3, first encountered by Salsa in the basement of Osohe Castle in Chapter 3. Their physical appearance is that of a human skeleton with abnormally large skull and small chest and pelvic bones. In the overworld, they appear as scattered bones of a man. If approached, the scattered bones form into a skeleton.
Its battle sound is Battle Sound 31 which falls under Code Numbers 852 for regular attack, 853 for Smaaaash! and 854 for Miss.
This enemy can
- Throw a bone, dealing light to moderate damage.
- Do a dance, possibly solidifying a party member.
- Tickle a party member, lowering their Defense.
- Their in-battle theme is Even Drier Guys. They are the first enemies found in the game to have this theme.
- Even Drier Guys is a faster, louder variant of Drier Guys. It may refer to the Cheery Skeleton's 'dry' appearance.