Each playable character in Mother 3 has a handful of stats that change over time. Each stat has a different purpose. It's good to know what these stats do and how to use them to your advantage.
- LV - The current level of experience your character is at. With each new level, a character gains points of HP, PP, Offense, etc.
- HP - Hit Points. When it reaches zero, your character becomes "Unconscious."
- PP - Psychic Power. Each PK power uses up a certain amount of these. If you don't have enough, you can't use PSI.
- Offense - Increases the amount of damage you do to an enemy with a physical attack.
- Defense - Decreases the amount of damage enemies do to you when attacking.
- IQ - Increases the amount of damage your PK powers do.
- Speed - Helps you dodge enemy attacks, take your turn earlier in battle, and run away.
- EXP - The number of experience points you have accumulated over the course of the game.
- NEXT - The number of experience points until the next level.