- "A bee I am not... I'm from 10 years in the future. And, in the future, all is devastation... Giygas, the universal cosmic destroyer, sent all to the horror of eternal darkness... ...... However, you must listen! Where I am from, there is a well-known legend that has been handed down from ancient times. It says "When the chosen boy reaches the point, he will find the light. The passing of time will shatter the nightmare rock and will reveal the path of light." You see, it is my opinion that you are that boy, Ness. This I believe... ...... Giygas' monstrous plan must have been set in motion somewhere on Earth... If you start to confront the enemy immediately, you may have time to counter the evil intentions of Giygas. Three things are of the utmost importance: wisdom, courage, and friendship. ...The legends from the ancient times tell of three boys and a girl who defeat Giygas. ...I will tell you more later. Go now! And do not be anxious about the future. You have much work to do, Ness."
- — Buzz Buzz
Buzz Buzz (ブンブーン Bunbūn) is a character in EarthBound. It is a bee-like creature from ten years in the future, who arrives in Ness's time by the meteorite that crashed in northern Onett. It informs Ness of Giygas's plan, and gets him started on his adventure. Buzz Buzz fights alongside Ness and Picky, who are accompanied by Pokey, on the journey back to their houses, and defeating Starman Junior who was sent after it to prevent it from changing the past. During this battle, Buzz Buzz casts PSI Shield Σ on the party, rendering them immune to the Starman Junior's PSI attacks, and will also occasionally attack the Starman Junior with physical attacks as well. It suffers a somewhat sudden end when Lardna Minch, the mother of Pokey and Picky Minch, swats it, mistaking Buzz Buzz for a dung beetle. Because of Lardna's slap, the injuries that Buzz Buzz takes are grave. Before Buzz Buzz dies, it gives Ness the Sound stone and tells him to seek the eight "Your Sanctuary" locations. Its grave can be visited in Magicant, where it is located next to the house of the Flying Man.
- In Mother 3, one of the robots in Larda Minch's image in New Pork City's Beauty & Tasty restaurant will say "Aaaaayyyeee, I think it's a dung beetle!" which is the line she says when she meets Buzz Buzz.
- In the Japanese version of EarthBound, Mother 2, Lardna mistakes Buzz Buzz for a "pesky toilet fly" and tells it to die and "Go to hell!"; this was changed to "I'll smack your guts out!" This change was likely made to avoid explicit language, and was one of several religious elements of the game changed in translation.
- There has been no discovered official design for Buzz Buzz other than its in-game sprites.
- Buzz Buzz, in the game Mother: Cognitive Dissonace, is Zorbal, only with a larger sprite.